Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechauns are Scary Things

I never knew they had leprechauns in the South. 

In Kindergarten, our girls a treated to a unit on leprechauns.  They make traps for this feisty green guy in the classroom.  Sometimes, the leprechaun will make a little mess while the kids are in gym.  Sometimes, the leprechaun will mix up crayon boxes.

My girls have always taken these little green guys seriously.  Natalie had taken this too seriously so where it was at a point I had to go with her to the bathroom.  She'd wake up in the middle of the night and cry for fear of the leprechaun.

I was at a loss.  Eventually, I broke down and told her that Jason built a force field around our house. (Ever the scientist)  And every night, we turn it on.  This force field protects us from leprechauns, ghosts, aliens, robbers, kidnappers, but lets mice in.  (Jason hadn't perfected it yet.)
- I guess I had to fight fire with fire - or imagination with imagination anyways.

No comments: