Monday, November 29, 2010

Picasso - I love this one

My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.


Did you know that Picasso was dyslexic?  My Allie has dyslexic tendencies.  Most of the time, dyslexics train their brains differently.  There is a communication gap from one side to the other side of the brain - and well - dyslexics must find a new way to get their learning done.  I find this fascinating. So many extraordinary people are dyslexic.  Albert Einstein is dyslexic.  In fact - many of his teachers thought he was border line retarded


And now, I'm finding that Picasso was dyslexic too... More dyslexics include -


Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Leonardo de Vinci, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Winston Churchill, and Walt Disney...

Allie is in good company....  She's a thinker.  She like to track down the pastor at our church and ask him "Big Questions."  I'm sure school can be frustrating to her at times.  Learning to find the right answer in a multiple choice test on a computer screen can be down right mind boggling.



Especially when her point of view is a little different of the rest of the kids her age.

No comments: