Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Highwayman...



Here is "The Highwayman." Ta da! I used it when I was student teaching in Thief River seventh grade and have used it ever since in seventh grade and eighth grade last year. The funny thing is that my seventh grade in Thief River loved it. They begged and begged to watch it over and over - I felt like a rockstar with it. My eighth grade last year begged and begged to watch it again and again. My seventh grade last year HATED it. Well - some of them did, so then, some didn't say anything and others had to put up with the complaining and whisper to me that they'd like to see it again.

I don't know why anyone would ever shout out at the top of their lungs that they didn't like a poem their teacher worked 8 hours to make a presentation for them. Why? I don't get it.

"Lame" they say.

"Ouch" I think.

This years seventh graders had heard about my "Highwayman" presentation from the ninth graders and begged for it. I showed it to them this morning. I regained my rockstar status in my brain.

No comments: