Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another reason I'm a Church Lady...


Yesterday, I spent the entire day at the church working at the Smorgasbord. What's a Smorgasbord? It's a Norwegian tradition at our church. Ya. Uff da ya!

Every second Saturday in October, we bring fancy cookies, deviled eggs, homemade pickles, homemade buns, mashed potatoes, Swedish Meatballs, Lutefisk, Lefse, rosettes, flat bread, and krumkaka. Don't forget the rommegrot, or Sot Soup.

This year, we served 350 people. Our crowd is getting smaller. Five years ago, we served 600.

I love this church dinner. I love to see the old ladies running around in their traditional garb. They really love the whole bossiness of the ordeal.

Every year, I make the potatoes for the lefse. Sometimes, I come and roll out the lefse. I enjoy the laughter as we work. We're always laughing at ourselves. Jason's sure I'll make it to heaven because I donate my lefse skills to the church.

1 comment:

snooky said...

All the traditional smorg foods I love!