Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cringe

I really have to say Heather Armstrong got me reminiscing today as she wrote about "Cringe" today. Uggg... Have you ever taken out past written works... and then, just about died?

I know I can think of a particular person who wrote plays to be acted out by anyone interested to be in her "show."

I can think of a particular person who set up her garage to be a printing press for the" State Avenue News" - really interesting newspaper written by kids and their take on neighborhood gossip. For instance, did you know that the Smiths are having marital problems? Read it up.... we got the goods in "State Avenue News."

I don't have any copies of my writings from my youth. I don't have any writings from my half- hearted journals. I'm somewhat relieved and somewhat sad.

My friend Angie has all of her journals from at least 1986 and all through college. She has all the dirt... If we have any questions, we can just ask her. She can look it up for us. I don't think I want to remember.

However, the good news is that we grow. We no longer see those small things as important. Most of us us are not as emphatic as we were in high school and college. We are not as dramatic as we once were. Really, that's very good news.

No comments: