Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Housekeeping

Last week, I got my Good Housekeeping magazine in the mail. The cover story is about women who changed the world.

I was pretty pumped and put my jammies on and climbed into bed with the magazine. I started reading - and I was annoyed with the women they chose in the top eight or ten.

Number 1 is Oprah - and yes - she is influential. I get that. I'm not sure if I think she is number one... She's fine.

Number 2 is Hilary Clinton - and yes - she has been influential too.

Number 3 is Mother Theresa - ummm - a saint - TOTAL AWESOMENESS.

Number 4 is Rosa Parks - she should be Number 1 - or at least the greatness of her so overshadows number 1 and 2 in my eyes.

Number 5 is Eleanor Roosevelt - fine - but

But

Number 6 is Michelle Obama - ok - seriously? She seems classy - she has great arms, and she seems to be a real nice lady.

I'd hang with her at the pool.

What exactly has she done that has made her surpass Marie Curie, Anne Frank, and Toni Morrison? Why is Harriet Tubman in the middle of the list and Ms. Obama number 6?

Where's Simone de Beauvoir? Dang.

The author of The Second Sex?

Where's Betty Friedan? Author of The Feminine Mystique?


OH - yeah - I'm reading Good Housekeeping - that's right - and I'm not that good at housekeeping.


One is not born a woman, but becomes one.
Simone de Beauvoir

2 comments:

TeacherScribe said...

Where was Virginia Woolf or Queen Victoria or Mrs. Christianson?

Me said...

We should make our own list.


:)