Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spanish

For the next bit, I will be subbing in Spanish class.  I'm teaching Spanish through Interactive Television to several schools throughout the area.  When I was driving to the home base yesterday, I was struck how distant the towns are.  I forget how I live in an area that is somewhat remote. And yet, I love how technology makes me forget that...

I love how knowing another language opens the world view even more - a step beyond technology.  I love how learning Spanish opens up my vocabulary in English. 

I love that I get to share that experience with students around the area.  I'm not sure how long I'll be there doing this job.  But I know this for sure,  it's brilliant to open the teacher's manual  and look over my glasses as I'm reading to make sure they're getting it.

No comments: