Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Miracles

The past few weeks I've seen quiet glimpses of everyday life that make me tear up.  As I was reading Teach's blog over here - I realized I wasn't the only one caught in the beauty of Christmas.

Last Sunday, our church had our Sunday School program - Allison was Gabriel the Arch Angel - Courtney, her friend was Mary, - and Brady, another friend was Joseph. Mary was about a foot and half taller than Joseph.. Mariah - my niece - was a Wise Man - she's usually a wiseguy though.  Mykayla - my littlest niece was a sheep.   Her costume was a big piece of cardboard with quilting batting glued on and a big hole for her head.  She carried that cardboard around as she walked down the aisle with all the pride a four-year-old could muster.  Now - I didn't bring my camera.  I should have because there is nothing sweeter than a grade school nativity.  But what really got me was when they were singing "Away in The Manger", in the humblest loving voices, the sun came out and shined brilliantly through the stain-glass-cross in the front of the church.  I took this as a sign of loving grace.  Our own Christmas miracle.

On Wednesday, our little school on the prairie had a talent show. There were even prizes - big prizes - first place was a hundred dollars!!!  I don't think there was an act that didn't get a "Woop Woop!"  The teachers even led the kids into a group "Cha Cha Slide"



(That's not us though)

I mean EVERY kid got up and did the "Cha Cha Slide"

The first place winner was a hair-rock-medley-guitar-solo.  Second place was the magic show.  Third place was a beautiful duet that wowed the socks off of me.  But I think what I loved the most was the shy girl - the one who constantly pushes herself to join speech - she went up there and sang her heart out - and everyone cheered for her up there.  You know?  That says a lot about these kids.

And I got to see it.

No comments: