Thursday, December 30, 2010

Piano

Hooray hooray for me!  Natalie is back in piano after a six month sabbatical!   She's found her way back to the ivories!

Last Spring, she told me that she was done taking piano lessons.  She would still play the saxophone but wanted to take voice lessons instead of playing the piano.

I was so bummed, but I had to think - Was this my dream for Nat?  Or did she actually have a choice in how she spent some of her time.

I let her grow as a person.

Grumble grumble grumble ...


And Allison was still in piano lessons.

A few weeks ago, Natalie started sitting back at the piano.  She started playing the first few bars of "Moonlight Sonata".  Oh Hooray for me!

She tagged along with Allison's lesson today and decided to take up lessons again.  She missed it!

I really did too.

No comments: