Sunday, June 5, 2011

Potential Donors

This weekend, Jason and I took our girls to Rochester to see Melissa Sue.  Before we left Thursday afternoon, Missi called and said there was a couple potential donors.  Their information is being processed through insurance at this moment.

So, we wait.  And hope.  We asked  - Will we receive?  It looks like it might be so.

Over the weekend, we met many other patients with AML.  Unfortunately, since the beginning of April, Mayo Clinic has seen many, many AML patients. (I'm going to be brave and wonder out loud - Fukishima? hmm- I'm not the only one who has raised their eyebrows at this)

One of the patients was diagnosed and already had a donor lined up.    He is a 20 year-old male from the USA.  That's all she knows about him.

We all wondered about this 20 year-old hero.  I wonder what motivated him to go to that drive or  booth.  Did he go on the internet and send for a kit?  I wonder if he knows that he will save the life of a 43 year-old mother of two from the USA.

I wonder about the potential donors that are being tested for Missi.  Do they pray for her everynight and hope they will be the one who saves the life a 39 year-old mother of three?


"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.





Luke 11:9

No comments: