Monday, May 30, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive





Our quilt group made these quilts for my mom and sister - the pink is for Missi - entitled "Melissa's Home."  The blue is for mom - entitled - "Vicki's Valor".  Would you believe I kept this a secret for a month?  I did.  Really really!

People have been so kind to our family - someone in the highway department came by and grated down our driveway - the Boy Scouts adopted Missi's lawn for the summer.  Many kind ladies have helped me launder the kids' clothes and brought hot dishes over so we'd have one less thing to think about.  Someone even gave us a gift certificate for an oil change - just when Mark and Missi's van needed an oil change.

It seems that I've had secret wishes - "Dear God - I wish I could get the Peterson Kids' picture taken for Mothers' Day" and out of the blue, Mandy Cardinal,  a photographer asks me if she can help Missi's Mother's Day brighter.  

And so now, I'm asking "Dear God - let there be a perfect bone marrow match for my sister."

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Luke 11:9

No comments: