Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The trees.

The trees woke me up this morning. A little too early I may add. They must have woke Jason up too as he just poke his head into the living room and gave me a look.

"The trees woke me up." I called.

He shook his head and went back to bed.

Often, as I fall asleep I look at the many branches and follow them like a maze. It's amazing to me that God could give a tree so many fun crazy branches.

The tree asks me, "So Miss Smartypants, am I a Maple?"

"Umm no. Sorry. I think you're a box elder."

"Oh." The shock of being such a lowly tree disappoints it.

" I should say sorry." I correct myself. "Box elders are one of my favorites."

"Really"

"Yes. You have the best branches. They're wild like Natalie's hair."

"You really think?"

"Why yes. And remember your buddy? The one that fell after the storm?"

"Do I ever. Gilda. Poor Gilda."

"She was hollow. Completely eaten by bugs. And she still stood. So proud. Remember Gilda. That must have took courage for her."

"I will remember Gilda. Thanks. Now go back to bed."

"I can't. I'm too excited about your branches."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.