Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

Yesterday, I had my first teaching day. It was just me and the kids. Their assignment was to complete a reader's inventory. One kid sent it back to me and said; "No thanks, I already know what books I like to read."

I handed it back and told him it was worth ten points. He groaned and went back to his seat.

Today, we wrote Bio Poems. (Biographical Poems) We also listened to Jessica Andrew's Who I am and discussed tasers. (I'm still not sure how that came up) I can't wait to get their biographical poems back.

Psst... Can you keep a secret? I found a new awesome website. I think I'm in love. The only thing is that these video websites suck up all of the school's bandwith. So, I'm not going to flash it all over school. I need that bandwith baby.

Now, just to get my projector ready with speakers.

No comments: