Monday, September 15, 2008

It's just wacky...

It's been a while since I've blogged about my trusty physical therapist Krystle. Last month, I went to my last appointment. She graduated me. She said I'm cured. She also wrote a prescription for a retainer.

Last winter, I had my wisdom teeth removed. It looked like an easy deal. I decided to have my dentist remove them himself. I wanted to save some cash.

The first time I went in, I had my right side removed. My dentist whistles a lot. He sings as he works on my mouth. As he pulled my crazy tooth, the whistling stopped. He couldn't even hum a tune. I saw a small look of panic in his eyes. My dentist encountered a problem when one of my roots was wrapped around my jaw. He had to finish what he started. Afterwards, I ended up with an infection.

A month later, I had my left side removed. I ended up with another infection I can't even talk about. It was a nightmare. A creepy gross nightmare. Let's just say all the hygienists came and took a lookie inside my mouth. They had never seen anything like it.

Ever since, I've had TMJ... Chronic tension in my jaw. At first, I thought it would go away. I thought I talked too much.

Krystle noticed my funny jaw movements in our sessions. I told her about my wisdom teeth ordeal. She mentioned the retainer.

Today, in class one of my students called out;

"Hey what's up with your jaw? 'Cuz it's all wacky"

No comments: