Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My favorite compliments

I'm a compliment whore. I thrive on compliments. They give me the feedback I need to hear. On the surface, I'm a modest person willing to give others credit, but on the inside, I want to hear what a great job I'm doing and why you think I'm great. I'm not saying this is a good thing. It's not. It's pride, and it's very unchristian of me.

Before I went back to school, I was a para. I worked in a preschool room. Paraprofessionals work one on one with students who need that little extra help. I loved it.

Now, as a teacher, I have paras in my room. Little by little, I've been noticing the paras smiling at the back of the room and nodding their heads.

Yesterday, I showed another teacher tube video to my seventh graders. At the end of the fourth period, one of the paras stopped after class and told me that she really likes my teaching. She really liked the video!

I was on cloud nine.

No comments: