Monday, May 18, 2009

Yearbook

Tomorrow, we will be presenting our yearbook dedication to our honoree. I'm excited to see his reaction. This guy is so modest. He has no clue. During lunch, we will pass out our yearbooks to the students.

Hooray.... This thing will be out of my hands.

The yearbook has taught me valuable lessons.

1. Proofread. Proofread. Proofread. One of the yearbook students calls out.. "SPELLING ERROR... GOD!" over and over. This same girl had not helped with one page. At the meetings she attended, she downloaded ringtones on to her cellphone.

2. Assign pages. Have kids show ownership in the yearbook. Make myself believe that it is not MY yearbook. It is their yearbook.

3. PLAN! Remember all the shortcuts. Remember to include everyone in the yearbook. Remember that all the seniors need to be included in the class awards. Four kids can't have all the "Most popular" and "Cutest couple."

4. Proofread. Have the students proofread their peers work. This takes all mistakes off my shoulders.

5. Remember students' names. Keep getting to know the kids. Know how to spell all their names.

Next year, we are going to have yearbook as a class along with a journalism class. My dream of being a reporter is finally true.

What a minute? What did I just say????

I better rethink my direction here.

1 comment:

EDK said...

Proof, proof, proof. The mantra of writers. But I find that I see what I think I wrote, not what I did write. So my advice is, double proof (at least) with separate individuals doing each proof. EDK