Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Mea Weekend.

This week is MEA. Which means four days off for super chicks like me!! Woo hoo! Can you imagine the freedom? Can you imagine all the cleaning I've gotten done? All the time bonding with my lovely daughters?

Ok.. That's not really how it went.

I spent the last four days speed reading journal entries, vocabulary sheets, and bully packets. I've spent the past four days entering in grades. And the thing is, I'm only about 3/4 done. That's right. I'll be correcting papers today too.

But I've learned a lesson or a strategy. From now on, 7th and 8th graders will have a separate deadline. I will only have to worry about sixty entries rather than 120. From now on, I will vary how many journal entries they hand in. Sometimes, it'll be six; sometimes, it'll be one.

I am also keeping a paper gradebook. If my online gradebook is slow and a student has a question for me, I can look at my paper copy and tell them. This also makes it easier for me to enter into my online gradebook when my online gradebook is having a great day.

No comments: