Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jason and The Softball Team

Today, I'm at home with Allison. Allison spent last night throwing up in a yellow Tupperware bowl. Today, I am watching movies with her and listening to her ask me.

"Am I still sick?"

Jason went to Natalie's softball tournament in Bagley.

A couple of the softball moms got together and bought some water and Gator Aide for hot days like today. I helped Jason get the cooler ready. I gave him a ten dollar bill and told him to buy two packages of ham and two packages of buns because the kids were not going to buy anything at the field as they save their money for Dairy Queen after the game.

Eventually, Jason was ready. I sent along my cell phone in case I needed to call him. I told him to pack his lawn chair and gave him wet wipes because they only have outhouses at that field. As he drove away in his 1984 Chevy Celebr*, I waved to him in the driveway still in my pajamas.

Allison was at the door when I got in the house already asking;

"Mom, am I still sick?"

No comments: