Tuesday, November 11, 2008

School and Home

What I find the strangest part about teaching is how now kids like me. In Junior High, I was voted most popular. I was thrilled. Then, I found out it was a joke. I was crushed. I spent the morning in the bathroom.

Now as a Junior High teacher, I'm finding facebook friend requests from my students. I add them; I'm pretty wholesome on facebook.

I'm finding that Mrs. Aakhus props up in their status reports. As in, "I love it that I say big words and the only people who understand them are me and my english teacher."

I'm finding that sometimes I'm in three conversations at once. Sometimes, I have to put it away, and find myself at home in my own kitchen with my own family peeling potatoes for supper.

1 comment:

TeacherScribe said...

KoKo is fascinated with Facebook. Bergerson has a great editorial on it coming up. It's kind of like the revival of those old 'small town' newspaper articles where you read about so and so having lunch over at so and so's on Sunday.