Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ya Gotta Love 'em

I've been thinking a lot about my students lately. I'm starting to get to know them. They are starting to trust me.

For instance, CL, a seventh grader, told me he wasn't lifting his feet today as he shuffled into the room..

Why? I ask

Just because.

****************************************

In art class, one of my eighth graders decided to have another friend paint his eyelids so it would appear that his eyes were open when they were shut like Captain Jack Sparrow.

Too bad when the paint was drying, his eyes started sticking. When the art teacher tried to wash it off, the paint went in his eyes, and she had to use the eye flusher.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today, the rotory club was selling roses. Many girls were walking around with roses. I remembered back to the days when I was in high school and secretly wished for a rose.

After a long day teaching, I spent an hour with a yearbook staffer. As we were closing up shop, a student came in and brought me my very own rose. It took me twenty years, but it was worth the wait.

No comments: