Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spanish

Everyday, I try to add more Spanish to my life.  When I first started teaching Spanish, the Spanish was hurting my brain....  I had to adjust my thinking and reach back to some very old files in my long term memory.

 I've been talking to friends about how they learned languages, and one thing they told me is they watched a lot of movies in the language they are learning.  One kid who moved from Mexico to the United States to live with his brother and sister-in-law told me he'd watch a movie in Spanish with English subtitles and then, watch the move in English with English subtitles.  I had never  thought of that!  What a great idea!  So - that's what I've been doing.  Despicable Me is even cuter in Spanish!

I've switched my facebook settings to Spanish, so all of my notifications are sent to me in Spanish.  I've also started following native speakers on twitter.

I love how the internet has opened up possibilities into learning another language.  How easy it is to find Spanish shows rom Mexico or Spain.  How fun it is to watch an episode of Esponja Bob on youtube! 

No comments: