Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Norwegian Muffins

For the past ten years, I've been making Norwegian Muffins. My girls loved them.  Until one day, they decided they didn't like Norwegian Muffins.  It shouldn't have  mattered  so much to me, but it did.  This was one of my mainstays.

A few weeks ago, I decided to make Norwegian Muffins but couldn't find any muffin tins.

Is there a muffin tin thief?

So, I made it into a quick bread and called it Friendship Bread.

And wowie!  We were in business! Friendship Bread is the best thing EVA!

"Mom, when are you going to make Friendship Bread?"

So- here's the recipe

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
(whip until creamy)
Add 1 stick melted butter
(whip it up)
 Take 1 1/2 cup flour and mix it up with 1 tsp baking powder
add alternatively with 3/4 cup milk.

Before you bake, sprinkle cinnamon  and sugar on top.

Bake for 20 minutes for muffins.

I forgot how long I baked it for the bread.  Oh dear. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to try the Norwegian/Friendship Muffin/Bread. Heh. Cute story, typical kids.

I'm assuming that is a tsp of baking powder.

Thanks for the chuckle AND the recipe. E

Me said...

OH yes!