Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Strength

The past few days Missi has been the sickest ever. It's hard to think that we're seven hours away - but it's comforting to know that Nathan is with her.   At least someone is there washing her clothes and making sure she has everything she needs.  Of course, I tell the kids their mom is back in the hospital.  We go about our usual day in the calmest way possible.  I know they worry.

"They are keeping a close eye on mom."  I usually sneak a hug or two when they least expect it.  They pretend it's annoying - but I know they need at least their momma's baby sister to give them a hug.

One day I'll come across this blog post and remember - there were hard days with cancer.  Missi had made it look so easy.  She is bound to have some setbacks.

In early April, I took Missi in for a bone marrow biopsy.  The night before the appointment I kept having nightmares that I was taking Missi in for a bone marrow biopsy.  I'd wake up relieved it was a dream - and then, realize it was real....

There are times I have worse nightmares - and I remember my sister is strong, I say the Lord's Prayer, and I have a peaceful rest.

No comments: