Saturday, August 2, 2008

Church Lady?

It's official. I'm a church lady.

OH no. Watch out for me at the pool. I'll be sure to let you know that if you have too much cleavage.


Watch out for me at the Spot or any other bar. I'll be sure to tell you if you've had too much to drink or seem to flirt too much with single men.

I figured out my church ladyness on Friday morning when the funeral home called me.

"I see you're in charge for August. We have a funeral for you on Monday."

Oh... I'm a Beacon Leader. A Beacon Leader is in charge of finding people to help at church. They ask people to serve treats at the end of service, serve communion, and usher. Also, Beacon Leaders are in charge of serving funerals.

This means the funeral home can call me on Friday expecting me to cater a meal to 150 mourners in August or June.

Now, of course, this is an honor. Right? It means that people can call me and ask me and know I will say, "Yes, of course, it'll be done. No problem."

You see, that's what a church lady says.

No comments: