Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The End....... of Summer.

This morning, I was reading The Chick's post about her son returning to school. I realized that my girls would be retuning to school. I always feel a little nostalgic about them returning to school. As we go back to school, I have them try on new clothes, and it's evident they've grown. They're feet are bigger, they're legs are longer, and they're arms are long enough to reach the moon. I'm sort of sad that summer is over and the girls are another year closer to growing up.

And yet, while I feel nostalgic, I know they are so ready to go back to school. They are starting to get annoying. There I've said it. My kids are annoying. They are bickering more. They are whining about bedtime snack. At this very moment, Natalie is whining and crying. Why? She won't answer me. Allison's no better. She was crying a week ago because I couldn't find this perfect outfit that looks just like Natalie's that she doesn't even have.

And so, the nostalgic moment fades. I'm packing up their school supplies in their new backpacks excited for the day when they are asleep by nine. I'm excited to have an hour and a half on the road without them every weekday...

No comments: