Thursday, August 14, 2008

Your Personal Legend....

."whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth." ...."And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." Paulo Coelho


There's this dad who sometimes visits with me at the pool. Whenever I ask him how he is, he always answers;

"Better now."

And then, you're almost obligated to say;

"I didn't know anything was wrong."

Then, he goes on how his wife doesn't appreciate him. How he's always with the kids. Blah blah blah blah..

If you are the type of person who likes to complain about life, and your life doesn't have any meaning.... Please step away from me.

There is nothing more annoying than someone who is deep, dark, and depressed because he doesn't know the meaning of life. There's drugs these days that work for that. I promise!

In the meantime, my life is full. I don't need to hear about your life being meaningless...

Do you know what your personal legend is? Is your personal legend to get a big screen t.v? I hope not. If that's your personal legend, it's time to get a new one. That personal legend might be the reason you feel life is meaningless.

What's a good personal legend you ask?

Well, first of all, you just may need to turn off the T.V.

You just may need to take some walks or bike rides or jogs or go rollerblading. Maybe you could explore the various scat in your backyard or the bike trail? Take a bird book or a flower book with you.

Actually play with your kids. Take them for a bike ride. Watch them play. Do your kids complain that they don't know the meaning of life? Na... They whine about ice cream... You know, the important things.

Playing is one of the best ways to find your personal legend. Climb a tree. Or, when no one's looking... climb the water tower.

I can't tell you what your personal legend is. Maybe your personal legend is to sail around the world like Bellhop and V. Or, maybe your personal legend is to build your own home in the middle of a beautiful forest like J. Bird.

Whatever it is... find it. It just makes life that much more rich and beautiful.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that you compiled this excellent reminder to "capture the day" and really enjoy it for what it is!! My father use to tell me, "cry and moan, cry and moan, pretty soon you'll be alone". I find that to be some pretty good advice.

Today I did have a chance to find my personal legend and I've decided that it's BIGFOOT!

What excitement! What media attention! The world hasn't seen anything like this since Brittney Spears melted like the wicked witch in a bath of tears along the sidewalk.

Just when I've decided that I've seen it all, then some really dedicated individuals in the hunting world "shore'nuff" done and found BIGFOOT!

During a thinly veiled attempt today to occupy my mind and as you say, lead a meaningful life I busied myself with the usual tasks of a mid-afternoon summer's day. Important things like falling asleep in my computer chair until a fly buzzing around my mouth assured that I would not only awaken but not have an appetite for hours afterward.

This fly also provided the opportunity to interact with my loving children and allow them to prove to me their love and devotion. The following is an example:

"Did you see a fly buzzing around mom's mouth?"

Youngest: "You mean that one that you ate earlier?, No we didn't see that one".

Middle son: "We tried to shoo it away but we were laughing".

Now, I don't know about you all but it's the little exchanges in life like this that TRULY put the meaning behind those photo albums of summer that we look at during the long winter months.

Reading your blog today filled me with inspiration and renewed faith that I too may one day discover a personal legend beyond Bigfoot.

Now, where's my fly swatter...

Me said...

At first, I thought,
"Who is this? Could this person be serious?"

And then, I knew you were.

Anonymous said...

(HUGE GRIN ) <------THAT'S ME!!

Just as soon as I can fit into my new "Google dress" I will attempt to post comments dressed in a better shirt and short set than the designer "Anonymous" has provided.

A hint perhaps? ~I too visit the pool and like to avoid the dark baggage that people drag along with them because it blocks my sunlight.

I am for now...Justamama

Me said...

You"ll always be more than Justamama 2 me!!!!