Monday, October 10, 2011

This Spot is Taken

 Remember the scene in Forrest Gump when Forrest gets on the bus the first time?  I could only find it in French.



Funny how bullying translates accross langugages - a translation is not necessary.

I wonder what gets it into kids' head that they can only sit by "cool" people or sit by their friends.  And then, I remember "Ohhh  that's right....  Adults do that, too!"


Have you ever went to a staff meeting and see ladies put purses on chairs next to them so their "besties" at work can sit next to them?  Or notice that there's one person sitting at one table and six at another table? 

Or how about ever you ever been asked to slide over so one person can sit next to another?  Seriously? 

I've been working on this - personally.   I've been pushing myself to move beyond my cliques at work and church.   I've been pointing out to kids when they're rude to each other in this respect.  I wonder if I will ever get the nerve to call out an adult with this behavior.

No comments: