Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lurch

My dad loves to tell stories - surprising right?  Back in the 80's, The Addams Family played on TBS after school.  One day, my dad watched the show with us when he came home from work. 

"That's me!"  He pointed to Lurch.



Missi and I were amazed.


"See that?"  He pointed to Uncle Fester...  "Grandpa George played Uncle Fester."






Miss and I looked at each other - it was Grandpa George!!



I remember going into the shed and dad pointing to some boots...

"Yep - I wore those when I was Lurch."

I remember sitting at my Grandma's table peering at Grandpa George and wanting to rub his bald head.  Grandpa George even wore a lot of black - just like Uncle Fester.

Luckily, Grandpa George was hard of hearing so he couldn't hear me ask him questions about his and dad's time on the set of  The Addam's Family.



I can't remember the time when I stopped believing dad.  I just know I told a lot of people about it and argued with them about it. 

No comments: