Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweet Land

Last night, I was ready for bed at 9:30. My jammies were on.  The covers were turned over.  I had my fuzzy socks on...  when I heard Jason call me...

"Hey Bobbi..."

The bed was so warm...

"Yes?"

"Roberta! Come here!"

I drug myself out of bed and looked at him...

"Yes?"

"Look"

He started a movie on Netflix.

And there on the screen was a farm - just like his grandmother's.   He started to laugh.

"The setting is Minnesota."

I looked at him and smiled.




I sat next to him, put my head on his shoulder and stayed up for two more hours.

When the movie was done, I had to find out everything about it.  The screen play is based on a short story from Will Weaver's Tombstone Made of Wheat.

No wonder.

Will Weaver is a professor at Bemidji State.  Only ninety miles from here.  In fact, he's been a big supporter of Poetry Out Loud

No wonder I loved the movie so much.

No comments: