Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh! Wagon

And so, I went to visit Christel. My physical therapist. My hero. And she gave me the go ahead to rollerblade! Hooray! She gave me some strengthening exercises as well as some suggestions for cardio:

1. Walk
2. Rollerblade
3. Swim- Crawl


I did get down to one Diet Coke and one cup of coffee each day. Although that one cup of coffee is super big. It could be considered a "Big Gulp." (That reminds me of my old college roommate whom I should write about sometime.)

Even though my caffeine consumption isn't so hot, it's better than it was. I'm not drinking a six cans of Diet Coke a day along with a half a pot of coffee.

Now, I have to decide. Will I let go of the Diet Coke? Or will I let go of the "Big Gulp" coffee. It's a big decision requiring lots of thought.

As most of you may know, I went back to school a year and a half ago. I finished out my Bachelors of Science in English Education. Now that I've taken care of my mind, I need to think of my body. Total Balance, right? That's what Christel says anyways. She's right.

I told her my life is like playing piano. I've figured out my melody - my right hand - my personal legend- my meaning to life- teaching. Now, I have to figure out my left- the harmony- my health.

No comments: