Monday, June 2, 2008

On the Wagon

While student teaching, I fell off my fitness wagon. I went back to drinking too much Diet Coke, not getting enough sleep, and eating not so healthily. Also, I fell off the PT wagon. I didn't make time for my exercises. I spent most of my time planning my lessons and correcting papers.

According to my lovely physical therapist, Christel, caffeine can really tense up your muscles. And so, hmmph.. I really need to quit my Diet Coke habit. Also, sleep is so important to fitness. My body hasn't had the sleep it's needed in too long. This Sunday, I actually slept in until 10:30 A.M. I don't think that's the kind of sleep Christel was talking about, but maybe it'll help me on my road to healing.

Because I fell off the wagon, I'm jumping back on the wagon this Spring. I've started with my physical therapy, and then, I go for my walk. Afterwards, I come inside and do some more physical therapy.

The biking a tree climbing was too much too soon! HMMPH. It makes me sad. If I hadn't fallen off the wagon, maybe I'd be rollerblading by now.

For the past six years, I'd been exercising in pain. I thought it was just part of getting older. I thought I was just supposed to sort of limp once in a while. But then, my ObGyn recommended going to Pt.

"You think I won't have to limp forever?"

I guess if I stay on the fitness wagon, I may not have to limp forever.

No comments: