Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How I Met My Husband...

Eighteen years ago, I met Jason at a Plummer Dance.  He was sitting on the stair ledge right outside the door.  He had long blond-hair and engineer boots on with a leather motorcycle jacket.  My sister introduced us.  I thought for sure she was nuts because she thought we were perfect for each other.

I was more into boys from Spain who wore a red jean jacket with matching jeans.  What did Missi know anyways?
 
 I remember the first time Jason flirted with me.  I had dropped the letter "E" on the ground when I was putting up the "EVENTS FOR THE WEEK" bulletin board.  "Hey you dropped your E" he told me.  Wow - swept me off my feet!  We're talkin' sweet lips baby.

Eventually, I got over  Mr. Red Jeans.....  Jason and I became friends. He was the Math tutor at the learning center. Tina and I would go in to use our computers.... Jason would make me laugh.  I started wondering if I might have a crush on him.  Then, another girl confessed to me that she did. Well... that sealed the deal.  She couldn't have him - he was MINE!

Our first date we went to the movie Captain Ron  or was it Honeymoon in Vegas ? We don't remember. Our first dance was to Metallica's Nothing Else Matters or The Unforgiven.  We don't remember.  It wasn't Enter Sandman.  I know that for sure.  Hmmm? 

It's hard to believe we've been together for eighteen years.  Sometimes, it's even harder to believe that I fell for the guy with the motorcycle jacket and biker boots.

No comments: