Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Posts...

I started writing this blog a little over two years.  I'm getting close to my 500th post.  This past summer, I added the feedjit feature to the right to help me figure out who my anon poster was...He deleted his feedjit - I never figured it out -  I was a little bummed about that because I'm as nosy as heck - but whatevs...  Someone out there in the world doesn't agree with me  -  boo hoo for me ...

What I dig most about the feedjit tracker is that I'm finding out what are my post popular posts are.  My most widely read post is my "Sewing with Nancy" post.  There's a lot of people who want to know if Nancy had a stroke - and NO  - She has/had Bells Palsey - which is sort of like a stroke.  Mostly people want to know more about Nancy - because lets face it - she's awesome, and they use my blog to find out more about her health.

My second most often  read post is my Someone Who Matters post about writing assignment I gave my students my first year of teaching.  This post has traveled around the world several times.  I'm glad.  I like that post too.  I loved reading the kids' master pieces. I've seen feedjits from Canada to Panama on that one.  I like that readers from around the globe see a small glimpse of the classroom I'm going to miss so much this fall.

Other posts that seem to go around are collections from April 2009 and July  2009. I like that I get a lot of traffic from Teacherscribe's blog too -

 I'm glad I added the feedjit.  My blog isn't Dooce or The Pioneerwoman or even Penelope Trunk - but it sure gets around.

No comments: