Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This Fall..

This month, I will get my last pay check from Fosston.  Today is the first day of yearbook camp.  And guess what?  I'm not going...  Allison pointed this out last week.

"Yippeeeee!  No yearbook camp this year mom!!!  You can stay home with us.  HOOOOORAY!"

Wow!  I didn't realize she missed me so much.

"Wooowee Mom!  You are going to be home after school."  

Based on that reaction, I've decided to be fussy on where I apply.

First of all, I REALLY like it at the ALC.  I never expected to love those kids as much as I do.  Everyday that I leave, I have a big smile on my face, and  I only have about a fifteen mile drive every day.  

 When I first went back to school, I wanted to finish out my teaching degree and knew there wasn't a lot of jobs out there.   I figured I would sub since subbing had better pay than most jobs out there. And then, I sort of struck gold with my job in Fosston.  I graduated May 8th, 2008 and was hired by May 15th, 2008.

I had some great times at Fosston.  I worked hard and developed a thick skin.  I learned a lot.

And now, I am back to where I started. I'll be subbing.  It almost sounds like a crazy mis-hap movie. "The Substitute Teacher." 

What more can a mom want?

No comments: