Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I've gots a new job

Since my name is Roberta - I should be in like Flynn!

Waaaahoooo




best of craigslist > philadelphia > Seeking bodyguard named Betty Originally Posted: Mon, 21 Jun 01:33 EDT

Seeking bodyguard named Betty


Date: 2010-06-21, 1:33AM EDT


I am a Paul Simon fan in my mid thirties. As my name is Al, for the past 20 years I've been searching for a friend named Betty with whom I could sing the Paul Simon song "You Can Call Me Al." Imagine how much fun we could have singing along with the lyrics and pointing at each other when our names are mentioned! We could sing it together on road trips with the windows down, at home with our stereos cracked loud, we can smile at each other knowingly when it's played in gas stations and grocery stores and text each other when we're apart and it comes on the radio. I'm especially looking forward to acting out our own version of the classic Paul Simon Chevy Chase music video. We can post it on Youtube!

Just to be clear, I'm not really looking for a bodyguard (that's a lyric from the song haha!) just a friend named Betty.

If you want we could maybe sing other Paul Simon songs at some point but I'd really rather we stick with our namesakes You Can Call Me Al. Of course I want proof your name is really Betty so when we meet I'll need to see a state issued photo ID with that name. I'll also accept Elizabeth, Roberta or Beatrix.

Please write back soon I can't wait to hang out
Sincerely
-Your long lost pal!!!




PostingID: 1802444273

1 comment:

EDK said...

Yo Betty!

Go for it! Ask for bonus pay 'cuz tho he don't want no bodyguard necessarily, you could fill that position simultaneously. Easy as can be. Jest bring your sawed-off and swing it like you mean it.

Asingin' an aswingin' - a dream job, eh?