Friday, September 10, 2010

Crapft

Before I went back to school, one of my favorite things to do was to craft.  I have to tell you.  It's taken me many years to even get remotely good.  My sewing projects are not very beautiful and the girls would only wear the dresses I made them outside.

  At home.

  In the sandbox.

But - slowly and surely - I get better.

I'm not sure what appeals to me about crafting so much - maybe it's the pioneer feel to it.  Maybe it's because I loved the things my grandma made for me.

I think I mentioned that my grandma taught me how to crochet.  I've made plenty of afgans, bags, and doilies in my time. They weren't always the most beautiful creations in the world - and this is why I call it Crapft.  My mom has the first pot holder I crocheted in an old box filled with all of her important papers - it's pretty lopsided.

I won't show you the crapft I made - it's so embarrassing.

But - I am rather proud of this

of which I made for someone swell on our tenth wedding anniversary.

No comments: