Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blessss all the Elementary Teachers of the World

I've been subbing this week in town - I'm enjoying it.  The first day was in Nat's class - sixth grade.  I learned a lot - a ton - Tuesday... I subbed in Kindergarten - and well - that was hilarious -  I felt I was in opposite land and didn't understand what the kids were expecting from me - We got through it - with me reading stories to them whenever I needed  to fill in some time - and after those two days - I have to say - it's way easier to be a high school teacher than an elementary school teacher - It's not an easy job - bless their beautiful hearts! 

It may be that high school teachers can have as many as 120 students in their room throughout the day - but some teachers only have most of those students for about forty-three minutes a day - Elementary teachers on the other hand, well - they have twenty students or more, for about seveennnnnnnnnnnn  hourrrsssssssssssssssssssssss.........  Hilarious...

That kid who toots non- stop - well that elementary teacher has him or her for sevennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  hours......  


That kid who drums his desk  - well, that elementary teacher has him or her for sevennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hours!!!!!

Of course, there's the benefits - the hugs - the funny stories!  The dancing - the singing -

No comments: