Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Days of School

Now that the girls are back to school, I'm finding out what it means to be a stay-at-home mom. And the worst part about it is that bored people annoy me.  I have a million and three things to do and all I can do is think about how I'm not making lesson plans.


Sure... I could make lesson plans in my free time - but... I think Jason and the girls would get tired of literary element discussions every night before bed.

"So?  Allison?  What do you think of Robert Frost's poem "Stopping by Wood's on a Snow Evening?  What did you think of the line...

Miles to go before I sleep... ?"

She'll look at me and shake her head and growl...

Natalie wouldn't even bother.  She'd be on the phone somewhere else.

____________________________________________________________________
On facebook, I've been getting messages from students.

"I miss you!"

"It's  just not the same without you here."

That's really nice.  A real ego booster.

I remember when I was first in Fosston.  I was sitting at my desk with the door open.  Some kids passed in the hallway and shouted to another down the hall...  "Dude, where'd the hot teacher go?"

When they pass by room, they don't hear the music that was there last year.  I think there's some kids there who miss me like I miss them....

But I'm 100% sure they are not asking...

"Dude where did the hot teacher go?"

No comments: